Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rough Weekend

So this weekend was a little rough for Mr. Maddox.  On Saturday he got his first sting.  I am almost positive it was a yellow jacket.  He was on the other side of the yard from me, standing in the garden, (like he should not have been) near where the yellow jackets like to play.  All of the sudden he screamed bloody murder (both the neighbors heard) and he was saying, "bee, bee".  Even though he think all bugs are bees, I think he was right about it this time.  We put baking soda paste on it and gave him some ibuprophen and Benadryl and the swelling went down but he cried and cried for about an hour.  A popsicle is what finally got him though the trauma.

Then the next day, after our weekly Mad Men watch party at the Triplett's house, Maddox was half asleep in his bed and he started screaming in pain.  I tried to comfort him and he just kept screaming and holding his leg.  We think he had his first charlie horse.  Poor guy, he cried and cried for a long time and I was nearly in tears with him because I didn't know what to do for him.  Finally the pain subsided and he went to sleep.  Since then things have been pretty uneventful - just the way we like them.



Here are a few shots of the last week or so.

He looks like he is ready for school but we were just going to the grocery store. (I am also aware that this will be us in a few years only he will be going to school.  The picture will not be as clear because I will be shaking from all the crying.)
That backpack is stuffed to the brim with Toy Story toys too.  He just can't leave home without them.
Picking apples at out local orchard.  He eats an apple almost every day now.
He was very proud of his harvest.
I made homemade pizza for lunch and Maddox and Wyatt were so hungry they watched until it was ready.
"Can we take it out mama? I'm starving."
Wyatt enjoying his pizza.
Maddox eating and wearing his.

No comments:

Post a Comment