Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29th, 2010...Happy Thursday

Well Maddox and I are back in WA after being gone for a week and as usual it feels great to be home.  We are back to the normal grind this morning with baby Sophia coming over at 7.30am.  I started watching her a few weeks ago and it is a lot of fun.  She is about 4.5 months old and a very good baby.  Much easier than our super high maintenance baby, Maddox was.  It is such a luxury to have her fall asleep in a swing rather than have to bounce her for an hour on the yoga ball.  I hope any subsequent children we have are as easy as Sophia in that aspect.  Maddox is also very good with her.  I thought he would get jealous of me holding a baby all the time but he is not at all.  He likes to pat her head, take her socks off and mess with the swing but he definitely is happy with her being here.  Poor guy, he is ready for a sibling, he loves having babies and kids around.  If he could articulate it, I swear he would say, "mom's, I need to be a big brother".  Fortunately we have several friends his age for him to play with.  That will have to do for now.....

So he has started using the word no - a lot. He likes to say no, no, no. no, no. 5 times in a row.  I was half asleep the other day and he was watching Plaza Sesamo (Sesame Street in Spanish) and I heard the kids say, "no, no, no, no, no" and then, "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes".  I bolted up when I realized that was where he got it.  Of course he picked up the no part but not the yes part.  Grrrrr

Maddox has also become a much better and much worse listener.  I know that does not make sense but when he chooses he is a very good listener and can follow instructions quite well.  And then there are the times that he just does not feel like it.  That is when we go round and round.  I'm not sure how effective time out is at this point but he will sit in time out when I tell him to.  Sometimes he even puts himself there if given the option of time out or something he does not want to do.  Stubborn kid.

We planted lots of seeds a few weeks ago and they are doing quite well.  Outside we planted peas, lettuce, spinach, cauliflower, beans, cucumbers, corn, zucchini, squash, lots of herbs and some others that I cant remember.  The peas and lettuce that I planted first are already coming up.  We also planted lots of stuff inside under a grow light such as; peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli, Thai basil, parsley, canalope, and some others.  Basically we are trying to grow everything we could get seeds for!  We are going to have a tons of yummy food so you should come visit this summer and enjoy the booty.

I paused in the middle of this and now I am back.  We had quinoa tacos for dinner and went for an hour long walk.  Of course since Maddox is boycotting naps lately he was pooped and fell asleep 5 mins in.  Now I am going to start some sketches for some art I am doing as gifts.  When they are done I will post pics.  I'm excited to paint again, it has been a while since I have put brush to canvas.

Nighty, night.

No comments:

Post a Comment