Friday, May 28, 2010

Written on Monday - Posted on Friday

As usual life has been busy. I was in OK last week without Maddox and DAMN was that hard. I missed that little tyke. How crazy is it that as a mom you talk about how great it would be to get some alone time or have an adult vacation and then you get it and miss your kids like crazy when you get it. Not that I was vacation or anything but still, I had a mean case of the “have my cake and eat it too”s. My flight on Friday night got in at 11pm so Maddox was of course asleep. When I laid him down on the hotel bed he started to stir and whine so I gave him Mama kisses on the back of the neck like I do at bed time. I would like to think he knew they were from me and that was why he settled down immediately. Of course at 5am he realized I was there so he would have no part in going back to sleep and instead used me as an exhausted human jungle gym for the next 2 hours. Ah the comforts of home. (Really a hotel but as long as Maddox and Julie and around that is home enough for me.)

So I flew into Portland so we could meet Jeff, MiSuk and Audrey (18 months and Maddox’s betrothed) Yost on their family vacation and go do fun things. And fun things we did - rain and all! Saturday we went to the zoo. The kids had a great time, of course. They had a nice cush, covered wagon and snacks galore while we pulled them around in the sometimes pouring rain. Sunday we went out to Seaside and braved the beach. It was again, rainy and quite cold. But dang it, we were at the beach, we were going to have fun. So we let the kids run around a little and Maddox even took his shoes off and waded in the water. Clumsy little man that he is, tripped and fell and wound up with a face full of sand and dripping wet. We took off all the wet clothes we could and bundled him up like a cocoon in his stroller. He was happy again and we meandered through the shops of Seaside and even found a carousel (which was quote fast) for the kids to ride. They both had a great time and I was dizzy from trying to take pictures of that super fast (for a carousel) carousel.

The Yost’s will be leaving tomorrow morning and the house will be quiet (quiet for us is still a dull roar). Thanks for coming and spending some of your vacation with us. We love having guests and we had a great time with you.

Our next notable event is Maddox’s birthday party. His actual birthday is on May 29th but his party is on June 6th. I am so excited about it! It will be fun for adults and kids alike and everyone we have invited except 1 person has RSVP’d as attending. Woo-hoo!

Oh and another highlight of the weekend is that I got a new computer. A Mac Book Pro. All I can say is - I’m in love!

Oh, side note, I suck at getting pics and words together where I want them on a post so I’m going to try to post pics separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment