Monday, March 15, 2010

Coming Out of Hibernation

Maddox and I are absolutely loving this new weather!  Now that the back yard has all the doggie poo picked up we go out there almost every day.  Maddox likes to help me with my projects that I have going on back there.  We have been digging out grass to put in mulch and we are going to make big garden beds.  Our neighbor is digging out lots of spaces and put weed mats down and then bark chips.  Then he is going to use the beds along the fences for melons, pumpkins, zucchini, squash and peas.  I thought, what a great idea, I'll do it too.  So I did, and it is going to look awesome with our matching garden beds with giant fruits and veggies!  This is only our second year of gardening but we learned a lot last year and I'm excited about this summer.  In the next week or so I think I'm going to get some seedling started indoors and maybe start peas and lettuce outside. You know, as a kid I would have never thought I would like to work in the yard so much, but I really do.  Maybe it is genetic since I come from a long line of gardeners.  We will see at the end of the summer if I am any good or not. I am also going to put edging around the trees we have in the front yard and replace some cheap and icky edging that the previous homeowners put in around the side of the house.  I'm thinking we might start that tomorrow since we don't have any other plans. It has been so beautiful out, I just can't resist being outside.

Another project we are undertaking, possibly this weekend, is putting up crown molding in all of the common areas.  The kitchen, dining room, hall, entry way and living room is what we are planning to crown. Do you know how cheap that stuff is?  If you get the contractor packs at Lowes it is about $.50 a linear foot.  We can do all the rooms I said above for about $88 and we will still have about 50 ft left over.  After we pay Josh to help us install it you are looking at a very cheap and very impactful upgrade.  I plan on making some sweet cash on this place when we sell it, money, money, money here I come!  $$$$$$$
Adios
j

No comments:

Post a Comment