Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday March 11th

OK, to start out I have to share the recipe for this super tasty soup I made the other day. Here is the link; it is an Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini So today was a big day for us. Maddox is officially not breastfeeding anymore. Yes I know that you are thinking, “He is still breastfeeding”? My defense is this – the World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until age to for maximum benefit. Well for reasons I will share later we decided as family to slowly wean him one feeding at a time. Last night was his last feeding. I talked with him for two nights before and explained that he would not need it anymore because he is a big boy. Last night when we talked about it I asked if he understand and he said, “ok”. Tonight we had planned for Julie to do the bedtime ritual but we forgot that she had a work dinner. It was just me and Maddox. He asked for his “maa” and I reminded him that we are not going to do that anymore and he was a big boy and did not need it. He whined a little and asked for a drink instead. He had some soy milk, cried a little and I put him in bed. He got up a few times and finally I put him in his crib. He was asleep in less than 10 mins. I can’t believe how smoothly it went. I thought tonight was going to be super traumatic. He did amazingly well, especially since he didn’t take a nap today. Every day that boy surprises me. He really is a good kid, how did we get so damn lucky?

So it looks like we will be coming to OK soon. Im excited bc Easter Sunday is going to be a family reunion of sorts at Julie’s mom’s house. There will be lots of new family for me to meet. Yeah! Looks like Maddox and I will be there around March 25th – April5th or so. Not sure of details yet, we are still working on them.

Gotta run, Mentalist is on soon

2 comments:

  1. Awww, you're very fortunate to have gotten this far! I know it must be heart breaking, but you have done a great job! I was only able to breastfeed for about 6 months...pumping and trying to nurse...then going back to work. Ugh, it was very hard...but I know better for next time, I guess.

    Your baby isn't a baby anymore, but you guys seem to be doing a fantastic job raising him. He's adorable...take care Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Care Bear for the encouragement. It is a little sad that he is not a baby anymore. What I miss the most is when we go to the store he wants to ride in the big part of the cart instead of on my back in his pack. He used to ride in that thing every single day and I have not used it in over a week. I miss him being my little appendage. sniff, sniff. But I love watching him learn new things, every day it is something different. How old is Mavis? Aren't they about the same age? She is a cutie pie!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete