Sunday, March 21, 2010

My First Snowboarding Lesson

So today I took my first snowboarding lesson. We went to White Pass which is about 2 1/2 hours from here. My lesson was a little long and slow but I got the basics and that was what I was after. Since the first time I boarded I nearly killed myself because I didn't know how to stop, I was very excited to learn how to keep the board under control. After I was released from my lesson I took one go down the bunny hill and Julie and Kim swiftly took me up to the bigger, beginner hill. I was a little apprehensive because it looked so much larger than the bunny hill but the fearless me said "let's go"! OMG it was SOOO fun! We went down a few times and I only fell like 3 times. I am very fortunate to pick up sports quickly and I picked up snowboarding right away. I can't wait to be able to go back and practice some more. I see why people love it so much.

Maddox had tons of fun as usual. He playing in the snow castle for a long time and he always loves to eat snow. After my lesson he came to wave to me while I was boarding and say "hi Mama" then he sacked out on Julie right at the bottom of the hill. He was so very tired that he stayed asleep through being transferred to Erryn and then Kim. He was just plum worn out.

Of course as soon as we got home Maddox went to the back door and said, "side, side", because he wanted to go outside. We played outside, had some food and he sacked out for the night.

We snowboarded all day and got very few pictures to show for it, but here are the ones we did get. And off all the time I spent on my board I got like 23 seconds of video.

Gotta go for the night, tomorrow our neighbor Josh is coming over and we are installing crown molding in the house. Pics to follow.
nighty, night.

1 comment:

  1. the few pictures showed off the immense snow there was. Wow. Glad you didnt break a leg-sort of speak! enjoy it now while you guys are still young. Your old uncle chuck.

    ReplyDelete