Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So today was another day of all day outside work.  I think I'm getting addicted to the sunlight!  I know Maddox is, he screams almost every time we go inside.  I love that he is having fun with me out there.  He is very helpful too.  He helps me dig and rake and move stuff around.  I was putting down the weed mat today and I needed the hammer to hammer in the stakes.  I asked him to go find the hammer, which I knew was clear across the yard, but lets face it, I didn't want to go get it.  My good little helper ran off and came back with a smile on his face and proudly presented the hammer.  I love it!

So for dinner I am making Peanut Butter Chicken Soup.  It got great reviews on allrecipies.com so we will see.  Julie saw the recipe pulled up the other day and said, "eww, that sounds gross.  You better not make that cause I wont eat it".  Yeah, I made it anyway.  I'll let you know what she says about it.

I got my new soccer shoes in the mail today.  I feel like a kid again.  Last time I had a brand spankin new pair of Copa's I think I was like 14.  I may have to wear them in the yard for the next few days to break them in.  My first outdoor game is Monday night.  It is co-ed with all new people.  I am excited to play but I suck at getting to know new people so I always feel awkward.  I guess a lot of people have that problem.  Suck it up Jen.

If any of you are having, or have had, this issue please help me out if you can.  We are having potty issues.  He KNOWS when he needs to potty.  He has been about 80% potty trained for the last year (we started using Elimination Communication when he was 6.5 month old) and last week he was doing awesome.  He went like 4 days in big boys pants with no accidents and would stop what ever he was doing, if we were around or not, and take his pants off and sit on his potty.  Starting yesterday he tells me after the fact.  He will say "pa ee" and hand me or show me his wet pants that he has taken off.  Sometimes he even gets a cloth diaper and cleans up the mess himself and throws the cloth diaper in the diaper pail. (Thankfully we have hardwood floors) So obviously he knows the drill.  How can I get to a point where we are more consistent?  aaaahhhhh

Oh, by the way I just tried the soup, it is delicious.  Maddox is loving it too, but he loves EVERY soup!  Give it a try.  It was fast and very easy to make.
Later

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the blog. Happy that i am the first to comment on this one. Oh and I dont know a thing about poddy training. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont mean to laugh at your predicament - with potty training. In fact I kind of envy your problem not having any kids of my own. Wish you a quick success!

    ReplyDelete